Report 11: The last one !

Hello everyone,

Today, we have finished the Basilic project. During the last two weeks, we have set up all sensors and actuators on the greenhouse. We proceed to several tests on each component to check the wiring and the Arduino’s programming logic. We noticed the rotational direction of the servomotor was reversed. We also observed the solenoid valve was normally opened when it wasn’t supplied. Indeed, we couldn’t have noticed this because we get it by recycling.

We realized a video in which we had to do an advertisement to introduce the project’s utility. Afterwards, we have exposed the technical review through demonstrations of each function of the greenhouse.

serre 2

You can find the video with the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_e-NyzYSH4

The final step was to write an “instructable”. This article allows the reader to build its own greenhouse from the different steps proposed in it.

The instructable’s link:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Automated-Greenhouse/

The ultimate step, which will complete the project, is to defend it during the oral exam.

This report was the last one! We were glad to share that with you!

And don’t forget, with the Basilic project, save your time and your plants!

Kévin, Vincent, Guillaume, Mathieu

The finish!

hello everyone!!

We are happy to show you our final project!

You can watch a small movie on youtube which explains our beautiful project!

The Smart Hot Plate

And if you want to do the same project that us, you can follow the instructable on

http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Smart-Hot-Plate/

 

Thank you very much!!

BERTRAND, DEPARIS, LATOUR, THOMAERE, VAN DEN BOSSCHE

Project done !

Hello everyone !

We are very happy to announce you that we finished our project. The video is done, the instructable is online.

It wasn’t easy to make it work as we wanted but it works fine now. Fries’Car is a reality !

You’ll find the links for our video and for the instructable next.

Video :
We cannot connect to the Helha youtube account, so we post it to on our personal youtube account.

Instructable :

http://www.instructables.com/id/FriesCar-Vegetable-Oil-Car-With-Arduino/

See you on the road !

François, Anthony, Savinien, Victor and Julien

 

This is the End

Hello everybody !

Today, I’ll write the last report about our project and I have to say that we are a little bit relieved because finally all works perfectly!

This week, we finished the writing of the instructable and we made the entire presentation video.
But unfortunately, we had a last issue during the making of the video : the Raspberry Pi did not send the data to the website anymore ! And we didn’t know why, it was just a big mystery for us. Then we started again and again to solve the problem and we finally find it. It was just a difference between the ID in the Raspberry PI and the patient in the database ! Two members of the team have decided, three days before, to change de ID in the Raspberry PI (to economize time for later) and they did not mention that to the other members of the team… It was an issue do to a bad communication but nothing serious.

During this week, we have also done the instructable about our project. With that, and some basic knowledge in programming and electronics, you could be able to make the same project as we did.

Hoping that you took pleasure by following us, we say goodbye to everybody !

Link of the instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/Heartbeat-Sensor-Project/

10th week : Final validation, Instructable and Video

Finally, our project is fully functional !

  • Kris managed to resolve a bug between the webpage and the Raspberry (via the python script). This bug was blocking him for several days, and in the end it was a simple error in the request sent to the webpage…
  • Matthieu managed to solve the communication problem between the Raspberry and the Arduino. It was the stupidest thing: when initiating the serial communication on the python script run by the Raspberry Pi, the Arduino resets itself. Since our communication tries started right after the python serial initialization, the Arduino was not ready to communicate, causing the data transmission to fail. A simple delay between the initialization and the first transmission solved the problem : the rest of the work was working flawlessly !
  • With both communication solved, we were able to test the whole project. After some hard debugging, everything is working now : the setpoint can be changed from a potentiometer, from the touchscreen’s graphical interface, or from the webpage. And the current temperature can be read from the same devices too.

With our project working, we started to write the instructable, and to film the short video presentation. We still have a couple of days before the final deadline, everything should be fine !

 

EDIT:

the links for the Instructable:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Temperature-Regulation-of-a-Liquid/

NAd the video: